Health benefit of Red, Black, Brown, Basmati (Indian) Rice.
Red, Black and Brown Rice (RBBR) are whole-grain. Whole grain contains the entire grain kernel—the bran, germ, and endosperm thus is very high in fiber. The combination of RBBR contains vitamins including vit-E, potassium, magnesium, selenium, and iron. phytonutrients, including antioxidants, and folic acid, anthocyanin, proanthocyanidin, beta-sitosterol , beta-glucan, pectin and gum) In addition to ferulic acid, phytic acid Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6), gamma-oryzanol and many other potentially health protective substances which Lower blood pressure and helps declog fat-coated arteries, soaks up cholesterol, regulate weight, cleanses the colon of toxins, and feeds the good bacteria in the intestines. Red rice counters the allergy-inducing effect of histamine, so it can be suitable for asthma and allergy sufferers.
The contents of folic acid along with its phytochemical and nutrition contents makes eating RBBR the best for rice eating population,
for overall health benefit and for healthy conception to health birth(pre and antenatal period), and also for keeping a regular bowel
Eating RBBR, with Lady Finger, and lentil soup frequently, along with balanced diet will make a superb healthiest food of choice for teens, healthy person to athletes and especially for women willing to become pregnant.
Note that iron intake is not equal to iron absorption. Therefore we always recommend eating natural food so that body can chose and absorb the nutrition according to its requirement. Idea of taking Supplements, at times can be dangerous, talk to your honest doctor. Excess load of any nutrition in the body which happens specially by taking supplements poses health hazards. Read more at "Intelligent Eating" and "Facts on Herbs and Supplements"
Basmati Rice. According to the Canadian Diabetes Association, and a study of the glycemic index of rice appeared in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 1992 (Vol 56, 1034-1036)., Basmati rice contains high amylose and has a medium GI (glycemic index) (between 56 and 69), Thus making it more suitable for diabetic patients and can be included in the list of healthy rice. (In our Menu we use Golden and brown Indian Basmati)
- The present evidences are clearly suggesting health benefit of phytic acid in protection of heart and cancer diseases and can be helpful to avoid osteoporosis risk. IP6-Inositol hexaphosphate- phytate helps body avoid absorption of excess iron and other minerals, this, explains the cancer protecting potentiality of RBBR and other whole grain.(phytic acid in whole grain previously was considered as an anti -nutrient)
- Eating white rice on a regular basis may increase the risk for type 2 diabetes, according to new Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) research. The study was published in the British Medical Journal March 15, 2012.
Sprouted chick pea
Sprouted chickpeas are a most powerful ant-aging, health promotive, disease protective, energizing food both for athletes, adults,
growing children, women especially for pregnant and lactating mothers. It is an ideal food to prevent diabetes and gestational diabetes.
It is well known, that sprouting process enhances tremendously nutrients contents of the seeds/legumes and cereals.
Sprouted Chickpea are Low Glycemic Index, Low Glycemic load food.
Sprouted chickpeas contain high protein, other nutrition, phytochemicals, antioxidants and are an excellent source of Molybdenum, vanadium, tryptophan serotonin, chlorophyll, folic acid, manganese, and magnesium.
Disease protective and health promotive properties in chickpeas
- Fiber Advantage: Like other whole legumes and cereals, sprouted Chickpeas, are rich in both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, Amylose, Beta glucan.
- Lowers bad cholesterol: Soluble fiber forms a gel-like substance in the digestive tract that traps bile (which contains cholesterol) and excretes it from the body thus lowers bad cholesterol and improves the lipid profile. Insoluble fiber increases stool bulk, detoxes, and prevents constipation, digestive disorders, good for oral health.
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar and protects from diabetes: Chickpeas are Low Glycemic Index (GI) food and have low glycemic load. High level fiber helps stabilize blood sugar levels while the molybdenum, vanadium, potassium contents in Chickpeas makes chickpea a super hero to fight Diabetes.
- Energy Booster. The significant amount of iron, manganese, vitamin-c besides high protein, carbohydrate and nutrition, makes it a choice of food for growing children, adults, especially for women, athletes, elders.
- For pregnancy, pregnant and lactating women: High contents of folate (folic acid or folate is a B vitamin. It is also referred to as vitamin M, vitamin B9, vitamin Bc) together with iron and high fiber makes it an ideal food in the balanced diet for women willing to become pregnant, during and after pregnancy, and to avoid by birth defects and also can protects from gestational diabetes. For and during pregnancy, we recommend adding ladyfingers in the balanced diet with a little more of green leafy vegetables while avoiding Papaya and increasing intake whole carrots and whole pumkins(with skin and seeds).
- Heart health: Chickpeas contains phytosterol and has little saturated fat. It helps maintain a healthy cholesterol level while Magnesium in it plays a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm.Magnesium reduces the level of amino acid homocysteine. the combination of Magnesium ,VitaminB6, Folate presence in chickpeas provides greater protection to heart health.
- Weight Loss: For reducing and maintain healthy weight, chickpeas are befitting food to include in the balanced diet. Eating chickpeas will not let you feel hungry for a long period of time because of its ability to control sustainable release of sugar in blood stream, and also because it is very high in protein and other nutrition.
- Protect from sleeping disorders and regulates fluctuating mood: Chickpeas are a good source of the amino acid tryptophan. Body uses tryptophan to help make niacin and serotonin. Serotonin a precursor of melatonin is thought to produce healthy sleep and a stable mood. For having a good night sleep, we recommend eating sprouted chickpeas with others suggested herbs in the evening as your snacks. You may feel many other health benefits of eating sprouted chickpeas, even, one time, in sufficient quantity.
- Protects from Cancer and Breast Cancer, osteoporosis and minimizes hot flushes in post-menopausal:
- Saponin,Ip6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) Vitmainc and E including the above stated health supportive compound in Sprouted Chickpeas qualifies it as an Ideal food to help protect cancer and other maladies.
Lady finger (Okra)
Okra or Lady finger is a very powerful health promoting food.
It can confer the following health benefit:
- Detox: Removes constipation. It helps regularizing bowel. Read more on Detox
- Good for both male and female sexual health
- Women willing for conception may eat Lady finger raw ,steamed and lightly coocked
- A food of choice during pregnancy because of the high contents of both soluble and insoluble fiber and Folate, nutrition and phytochemicals.
- Can be helpful in providing protection against Gestational diabetes
- Healthy blood sugar levels
- Healthy weight -
- Promotes gut health
- Good for skin and hair
- Good for eyes as it contains Beta-carotene, lutein and xanthine
- Antioxidant and Anti-Fatigue www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4632455/
Moringa oleifera contains essential amino acids, carotenoids in leaves, vital antioxidants, highly dense in nutrients including vitamins
and minerals. A well studies plant. A heavily publicized plant by the vendors.
As is our stand, we always retain that eating food in its natural form fetches real health benefit. Add this plant as a part of food in your balance diet as often you can relish. Eat fresh moringa leaves about 200 t0 250 mg as less coocked specially to remove constipation or say Detox (Read more on… Detox is the word widely used in Health fraud scam)
This plant can easily be grown in pots and kitchen garden.
It has a various varieties and can also be grown easily. It is very high in fiber, and contains antioxidant, anthocyanin, and other phytochemicals. They are a good source of vitamin A , vitamin C, and folate and other nutrition. Good for overall health and eyes and especially for digestive health and for cholesterol management.
The healthiest source of complete 22 amino acid (high quality of protein) Vitamins and minerals.
The nutrient and phytochemicals combo in lentils detox, and regularizes bowel movement, remove constipation, improves gut health, reduces extra weight, highly protective against diabetes, cancer, heart diseases, and plays other diseases protective role as explained below;
Heart Health: Besides other nutrition, folate, magnesium and vitamin-B6, phytosterols, are abundant in lentils which help reduce the level of amino acid homocysteine. The combination provides greater protection to heart health. (high level of homocysteine is considered as health risk)
- Magnesium has a role in the active transport of calcium and potassium ions across cell membranes, a process that is important to nerve impulse conduction, muscle contraction, and normal heart rhythm.
- Folate also prevents birth defects, making it very good for pregnant women.
- The dietary fiber content in lentils provides almost a third of the daily requirements.
- The essential amino acid tryptophan needed for normal growth in infants and for nitrogen balance in adults, body uses tryptophan to help make niacin and serotonin. Melatonin and serotonin improves our mood and good sleeping behavior.
- High fiber in lentils keeps sugar levels low and also provides energy for a longer time. A very good fit for diabetes.
- Lentils are also very helpful in lowering cholesterol level and in maintaining healthy cholesterol.
Are naturally low in sodium, fat, cholesterol, and calories. A good source of basic nutrition, B vitamins such as riboflavin, Vitamins C folate, thiamine, pantothenic acid, and niacin. vitamin D. Mushrooms also provide several minerals that may be difficult to obtain in the diet, such as selenium, potassium, copper, iron, and phosphorus
- Mushrooms help prevent chronic disease due to the presence of antioxidants and beneficial dietary fibers such as chitin and beta-glucans, ellagic acid, ergothioneine.
Observation: on eating mushrooms Feces do not smell bad, suggesting its good effects on our gut bacteria.
As of June 2014, whole mushrooms or mushroom ingredients are under being studied in 32 human clinical trials registered with the US National Institutes of Health for their potential effects on a variety of diseases and normal physiological conditions, including vitamin D deficiency, cancer, bone metabolism, glaucoma, immune functions and inflammatory bowel disease
Tea Green and black
Only freshly brewed tea will Contain flavan-3-ol epigallocatechin gallate, flavonoids, tannins, caffeine, polyphenols, theophylline, theobromine, anthocyanins, gallic acid.
Health benefit of Tea will come from consuming Only freshly brewed Tea (not from bottled or canned) will contain beneficial amount of EGCG Epigallocatechin gallate a powerful antioxidant and is heart healthy and protects gum and improves oral health (one or two cups a day); Tea seems to inhibit the absorption of cholesterol.
Tea with herb
As on our Menu: detox, reduce weight, slow aging, protects from diseases like cancer and diabetes, improves digestion and oral health. An
Slows aging, protects from almost diseases, builds up strong health, detox body, removes bad breath (Halitosis), improves digestion and reduces extra weight. An excellent anti-oxidant, and is good for beauty and semblance.
An egg in average will contain 186 to 200 mg cholesterol. Cholesterol is mostly in the yolk of egg.
The current RDI (Recommended Daily Intake) of Cholesterol from dietary sources is 300mg.
Keeping in view the recent reviews on the consumption of eggs, eating 3 to 4 organic, (grass fed free range, without antibiotic) eggs, a week seems to be an ideal choice for a normal healthy egg lover. Details study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640512 another site http://jn.nutrition.org/content/134/1/187.
Organic eggs will contain Omega 3 and high quality protein, nutrients, higher Vitamin E,and
*Coenzyme Q10 Good for overall health if taken in moderation. They are rich sources of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as
zinc, iron and copper. Egg yolks contain more calories and fat. They are the source of cholesterol, fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and
" ubiquinone, also known as Coenzyme Q10, antioxidant unlikely to provide any benefit," McGill University March 6, 2015 Article published at: Nature Communications, 2015; 6: 6393 DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7393
Studies have shown conflicting results about a possible connection between egg consumption and type two diabetes .
Two meta-analyses from 2013 find that each 4 eggs per week that are added to the diet increase the risk of diabetes by 29%.
For What to believe and what not, read here What is Correct Information
Culinary herbs, nuts, seeds, and spices: are a must in human
diet. Eating them in its natural form will give health benefit, ‘Not in capsule, tablet, liquid or other
We use the latest peer reviewed information on nutritional and phytochemicals contents in Nuts, Seeds, spices and other edible plants and use them in cooking and preparing disease protective and health promotive both a general balanced diet, and also individually specifically suitable balanced diet for specific health condition with the agreement of your medical doctor.
"Eating the right foods and spices—and avoiding the wrong ones—could go a long way toward staving off everything from gut ailments to cancer", say Johns Hopkins experts. The Johns Hopkins University
Nuts, seeds, herbs and spices are powerful medicines…. a wonder gift of nature to human for the body energy, protection from many diseases, a vigorous health, and for beauty and semblance. If properly eaten in the balanced diet it can work as antiviral, anti-allergic, antiplatelet, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, and antioxidant, anti-aging and can be very effective in maintaining cholesterol level, oral, gut and overall health.
They are nutritionally dense, reach source of vital vitamins, minerals, highly energetic and are excellent source of poly-phenolic flavonoid, *Phytosterols, and other phytochemicals, such as resveratrol, lutein, many kinds of carotenes like cryptoxanthin, monounsaturated-fatty acids (MUFA) such as oleic and palmitoleic acids, and omega-3 essential fatty acids like Linoleic acid, a-Linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid and many others.
* Phytosterols are plant sterol and stanol esters. Phytosterols are structurally similar to
cholesterol. On ingestion, phytosterols in the intestine competes with cholesterol for absoption,
thus forcing body to absorb less cholestrol and helping maintain healthy cholesterol level in our body.